Turkey breast is a nice change over from chicken, but chicken will also work in this simple, but elegant preparation. Don't be afraid of the fancy sauce and the port, any red wine will do.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets, about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup Port wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup canned or frozen pitted drak sweet cherries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves or ½ teaspoon dried
1. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add turkey cutlets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked.
2. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with foil while preparing the sauce. Add the shallots to the sauté pan and cook for about 1 minute. Add wine, broth, cherries, and rosemary. Cook until sauce is reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over the cutlets and serve with Roasted Potatoes.