We love this ground turkey loaf. It can be served hot as a main or side dish, can be served cold and can even be a great sandwich filling.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup boiling water mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons Consomme Mix
- 1 (16-ounce) packge chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Liberally spray 2 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix consommé broth, spinach, eggs, turkey, onion flakes, olive oil, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, until combined. Do not over mix.
4. Place mixture in prepared loaf pans. Smooth top with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. Drain off any excess juices. Strain and save.
7. Slice and arrange on serving platter. Pour saved juices over turkey loaf and serve hot or cold.
For added flavor, spread a topping over each loaf during the last 45 minutes of baking. Use 1/2 cup of ketchup for one loaf, and create a Dijonnaise topping for the other by combining 1/4 cup light mayo, 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.