- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil, 4 cups Wild Blueberries
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) crystallized ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
1 In bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; reserve.
2 In another bowl beat together buttermilk, egg substitute, sugar and oil; stir into flour mixture just to blend. Fold in Wild Blueberries, ginger and lemon zest.
3 Scoop 1/4-cup batter into each greased 1/3-cup muffin tin.
4 Sprinkle each muffin with sugar. Bake in 400°F conventional oven or 375°F convection oven 18 to 22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Source: Wild Blueberry Association of North America