These potatoes are so good and are so gorgeous you will want to make them every day. The addition of Jamie Geller Za'atar makes them irresistibly delicious. We love to dip them in labaneh, a strained thick yogurt, but you can use Greek yogurt as a sub.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2½ pounds medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Jamie Geller Za'atar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Carefully slice each potato crosswise, about 8 times or every ⅛-inch, but not slicing all the way through to the bottom, leaving about ¼-inch intact on the bottom. Use chopsticks to hold the potatoes in place and stop the knife from cutting too far.
3. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush olive oil over top and coat potatoes well. Sprinkle salt evenly over all potatoes.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, brush more olive oil and sprinkle with Jamie Geller Za'atar. Bake for 20 minutes more. Serve with labaneh drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with za'atar.