These crispy chickpeas may become your new favorite snack. They are tossed with za'atar (a sesame seed, sumac, oregano, and cumin spice blend) and then roasted until chickpeas take on a nutty flavor and texture. Serve as a snack or as part of our Over the Top Hummus Bar.
You can find our favorite za'atar at Amazon.
Related: What is Za'atar?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 CupsServings
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Jamie Geller Za'atar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas with evoo, za’atar, garlic powder, cayenne, sumac, and salt.
3. Spread chickpeas on lined sheet, and bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until browned and crunchy.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Store chickpeas, covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days. Serve as a snack or as part of our Over the Top Hummus Bar.