Cauliflower has been all the rage, from chopping it up and making it look like couscous to slicing it whole and treating it like steak, it is versatile, healthy and delicious whether it is cooked or raw.
The dill in this salad really brightens up the dish, but if you aren't a dill fan, go ahead and use extra parsley instead. The crunch of the cauliflower and the nutty pine nuts combine for a perfect side or salad.
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
1. Chop cauliflower into small florets and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, chopped capers, garlic, dill, parsley, olive oil, and honey to make the dressing.
3. Pour dressing over cauliflower. Add pine nuts, or if you like them extra toasty and crunchy, set aside in resealable bag or sealed container, and add just before serving.
4. Serve immediately or store in a covered container for up to 48 hours.