Using Greek yogurt in place of heavy cream makes for a lower calorie dish without any compromise on flavor. The peas add sweetness and color to the sauce and the feta adds just the right amount of saltiness and richness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2½ cups Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1¼ pound fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 10 large basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces feta cheese, broken in chunks
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1 Puree yogurt, garlic, and peas in food processor.
2 Cook penne in salted boiling water until al dente.
3 Drain pasta and toss with puree.
4 Toast pine nuts and chili flakes in olive oil on low heat for 4 minutes.
5 Season with salt and pepper.
6 Garnish pasta with pine nuts, chili, basil, and feta.