Are you ready? It's time to countdown to Passover...Follow our guide to Passover preparations, and don't stress!
Once You've Recovered From Purim:
- Take a deep breath and start cleaning.
- Invite your guests and plan accordingly. Keep track of who will be bringing food. Do your guests have any dietary restrictions?
- Make your shopping list, including what can be bought now such as oil, nuts, spices, condiments, and other necessary ingredients.
- Don't forget the wine!
- Do a kitchen inventory and make more lists: Will you be using disposable goods? Do you have enough Passover silverware for your guests?
- Determine if you need to buy new kitchenware. Did your favorite Passover serving dish break last year? Time for a new one...
- Do an inventory of your chametz, then make a weekly meal menu to use it up!
- Write your cleaning to-do list: The kitchen is last. Start with the closets.
Two Weeks Before:
- Finalize your Passover menus for the entire week.
- Go shopping! Buy what you can in advance, aside from fresh produce.
- Polish the silver. It's that time of year!
- Make pre-Passover appointments.
- Clean the bedrooms and kids' toys.
- Set up a Passover mini-kitchen and start cooking.
One Week Before:
- Plan chametz-free snacks and meals from now on.
- Clean the car!
- Vacuum the floors.
- Make your kitchen a Passover-only zone.
4 Days Before:
2 Days Before:
1 Day Before:
- Take a break. Eat some chocolate.
Day Of Seder:
Get more help for Passover prep with our daily Passover Countdown Emails, sign up here.