Challah is one of the most delicious things, and Shabbat would be incomplete without it.
Unfortunately, it's usually very time-consuming and sometimes we just don't have the time. We found a perfect recipe for those times you need a last-minute challah that tastes great!
We used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour for best results.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ¼ teaspoon yeast
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, plus 1 for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 ¾ cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- Sesame seeds for topping
Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
1. Add the yeast, sugar, salt, 1 egg, canola oil and warm water to a bowl and mix. Add the flour gradually, mixing continuously. Knead for 5 minutes.
2. Oil a challah mold and add the dough, cover with a towel soaked with hot water. Add a full cup of water to a microwave and run on high for 2 minutes. Move the cup to the corner of the microwave, add the mold with dough into the microwave and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
3. Place in oven and bake for 18 minutes. Flip the challah onto a baking sheet and brsh with egg wash. Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds. Bake for another 10 minutes.