Homemade is totally yummy, but sometimes we need shakshuka, and we need it now. Starting with a store-bought pasta sauce, like BonGiovi is the perfect way to get big flavor in a short period of time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 5Servings
- 3 (9-ounce) pouches of BonGiovi Hearty Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- Garnishes: crumbled feta cheese, chopped flat leaf parsley, za’atar, sumac
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large saute pan, heat sauce with cumin, coriander and cinnamon. When sauce is hot and bubbling, make a small indentation in the surface of the sauce with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into the indentation.
3. Continue with all eggs. Bake eggs in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until whites are set.
4. Garnish as desired. Serve shakshuka directly from the pan.