This honey cake uses olive oil for a healthy, non-dairy fat that keeps the cake light and flavorful. You can make this cake in any size pan, but we love the way it looks when using this Honeycomb Pan.
Always make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, whisked
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ¾ cup best quality honey
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan, 2 paper loaf pans or a Honeycomb Pan*
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Make a well in the center of the bowl and add the eggs, applesauce, apple cider, vanilla extract, evoo, and honey.
4. Using either a mixer or by hand, whisk everything together. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
5. Bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Cool cake on a cooling rack until it can be comfortably handled. Unmold and allow to cool completely before wrapping and storing at room temperature or freezing for up to 1 month.
7. Drizzle with honey or powdered sugar before serving if desired.
*Note: If using honeycomb pan, extra batter makes: 1 loaf pan or 10 - 12 cupcakes or or 18 mini cupcakes
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.