I love fruit crisps and cobblers, this one is something in between, (no one could get enough of the topping). This is a great way to serve fresh or frozen berries. Fantastic on it's own but would be great served with parve vanilla ice cream or coconut sorbet.
Related: 9 Desserts You Can Call Healthy
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cup berries, blueberries or blackberries are preferred
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold vegan butter or coconut oil
1. Place berries in a greased deep dish pie plate. In a small bowl mix sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries. Combine oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in vegan butter or oil with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Spread the batter over the berries covering as well as you can.
2. If you like extra topping, double the topping ingredients.
3. Bake, uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and crisp.