- 100 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- cups carrots, sliced
- tablespoons salt
- tablespoons cumin
- .75 cups chili powder
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey breast
- cups Minced red or yellow bell pepper
- cans of red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- cans of chopped or crushed tomatoes
- cups chopped California walnuts, lightly toasted
- cups Chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 Heat olive oil in large, deep pan. Add onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add carrot, salt, and spices, and
2 Crumble in the ground turkey breast, and sprinkle in the minced bell pepper and cook until the turkey breast is cooked through and becomes white and opaque
3 Add the beans and tomatoes, and stir gently so as not to break the beans.
4 Bring to a boil then lower heat and cook, partly covered, over medium-low heat for another 20 minutes.
5 Serve hot, topped with a sprinkling of walnuts and parsley.
Source: Walnut Board