I love how easy this recipe is to make, no cooking and no chopping!!! Just throw everything in a blender and puree until you have the tastiest carrot gazpacho.
Always make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Prep Time
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey (agave for vegan)
- ½ cup water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Using a high-speed blender, combine carrots, coconut milk, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, ginger, tomato paste, honey, water, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Chill for at least 4 hours. If the soup thickens in the fridge, stir in a little more cold water.
4. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with garnishes as desired.
To toast pumpkin seeds: In a heavy, medium-sized skillet, heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add seeds and stir until toasted, about 2 minutes.