A delightful side dish for lunch or dinner
- 8 to 10 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup blueberry vinegar or 1/4 cup blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups small-cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup roasted, salted and shelled, chopped pistachio nuts
Whisk together the blueberry vinegar, Italian herb blend, pepper and honey.
Whisk the olive oil into the mixture in a slow stream until thickened.
Layer the shredded carrot, watermelon and pistachio nuts in a shallow bowl or deep serving platter.
Pour the dressing all over the top and serve.