- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced (9-ounce)
- 1 1/2 cup green bell peppers, diced (1/2-inch) (6-ounces)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cup cooked or can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, halved
- 1 cup amber beer
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat until crumbled and lightly browned.
- Mix in green peppers and garlic and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, beans, California Ripe Olives, beer, tomato paste, chile powder, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in parsley and cook for 5 more minutes.
Source: California Olive