You can make this salad with any veg, but it is best to use a hearty leaf like kale or Romaine that can be chopped up with other crunchy veg before being topped with meat.
This is a great appetizer or side to one of your holiday meals and the perfect way to repurpose your leftover brisket, get more ideas to rightover your brisket.
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 6 cups chopped lacinato kale or Romaine
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¾ pound leftover brisket, pulled
- Whisk vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper until mixed.
- Stream in evoo until mixture has emulsified.
- In a large bowl toss together kale or Romaine, red cabbage, tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, and cucumber. Pour dressing over veg and mix well, top with pulled brisket.