This is my famous Duck Sauce Chicken. I've literally gotten calls and numerous requests for the exact "recipe." It was the first chicken dish I learned how to cook, under the tutelage of that great chef I married. This is undoubtedly my hubby's favorite chicken. Although I've spent hours mastering fancier poultry dishes, somehow we always come back to good ol' Duck Sauce Chicken. If it weren't so quick and easy, Hubby would have to find a new favorite.
Related: 40 Amazing Chicken Recipes
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
- 1-1/4 cup duck sauce (Sweet & Sour)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Arrange in prepared pan.
3. Pour duck sauce liberally and evenly all over chicken.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until skin is crispy and brown. Chicken should look slightly blackened and barbecued.
Photo credit: Melinda Strauss