While this may not be a real falafel, it's an easy and tasty way to use up hummus or make a delicious meal when traveling or on the go. This recipe is easy for kids to make their own afternoon snack, too. Then turn your falafel into a slider, filling for a pita, a crouton for a salad, or dip in tahini or your favorite sauce and eat. Use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
We made ours in a toaster oven, but you can make yours in a regular oven as well.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 FalafelsServings
1. Preheat toaster oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with evoo.
2. Scoop hummus into a reusable storage bag. Add egg and ¾ cup panko.
3. Squish the ingredients together until well mixed.
4. Place ¼ cup panko on a plate.
5. Scoop or spoon hummus mixture into walnut size balls. Roll in panko and flatten slightly. Place in muffin tin greased with a little evoo.
6. Drizzle evoo on top. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Drizzle with tahini and serve as a slider or in a pita. Or serve on top of a salad in place of croutons.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.