My inspiration for this drink came from bubble tea which has been all the rage. So here is bubble tea without the bubbles. If you can't find jasmine tea, use Ceylon or Darjeeling.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 quart hot water
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 3 jasmine tea bags
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ice cubes, plus more for serving
1. In a large pot, heat water until it just begins to boil. Stir in the sugar until it dissolves. Remove from heat.
2. Place tea bags into water and let steep for about 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
3. In a blender, combine tea, soy milk, lemon juice, and ice. Blend until frothy, about 1 minute.
4. Serve over ice in tall glasses.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)