Try one of our favorite brisket recipes - with the sweet honey marinade, it's perfect for Rosh Hashanah. I made this brisket on the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda and they loved it!!! Watch here.
Tip: The brisket and marinade can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance before baking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) brisket
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
1. Combine honey, mustard, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, chili flakes, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, whisking to blend well.
2. Place brisket in a sealable plastic bag. Add marinade, seal, and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
3. Remove brisket from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Heat evoo in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove brisket from marinade (reserve marinade) and sear 5 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
6. Pour marinade from plastic bag over brisket, add 3 cups chicken broth, cover, and bake at 350°F for 3 hours or until tender.
7. Remove brisket to a cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
8. Transfer braising liquid to an unheated saucepan. Skim off the fat. Reduce the liquid by boiling on medium-high, uncovered, until it coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over sliced brisket and serve.
From the Joy of Kosher Cookbook, order your copy for 199 more recipes.