Goat cheese and gouda pair perfectly for flavor and texture in this grilled cheese studded with wild mushrooms. Use your favorite bread and some thin sliced apples for the full effect.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-3 sandwichesServings
- 10 ounces mixed wild mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, chanterelle). You can use any mushroom combination you would like
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces Les Petites Fermières goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 6-12 teaspoons coarse ground mustard
- 6 Slices Les Petites Fermières gouda cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle on bread
- 6 slices of multigrain bread
- 1 large green apple, sliced thin
1. Chop mushrooms.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat until caramelized
3. Put goat cheese in a bowl and softenwith a fork or spoon. Add 2 tablespoons of milk one a time until you create a thick goat cheese cream.
4. Add cooked mushrooms to the goat cheese.
5. Toast bread and drizzle olive oil on the outside of each slice.
6. Spread 1-2 teaspoons mustard on the inside of each slice of bread.
7. Spread 2 tablespoons goat cheese and mushroom mix on each slice of bread.
8. Add 1 slice of gouda cheese on each slice and add 3 slices of green apple.
9. Put the 2 slices of bread together to form a sandwich.
10. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and brown sandwich on both sides until golden, crunchy and gouda cheese is melted. About 3-4 minutes per slice