Dynamite combo. Crushed pistachios add flavor and a delightfully crunchy crust to lamb chops. My hubby worked in catering for a long time, and he reminisces nostalgically about the pistachio-crusted baby lamb chops they used to serve. Baby lamb chops are tender and delicious, but to make enough for 4 people would take more than 15 minutes. However, if you have the time, roll up your sleeves and use the baby chops. You will need about 3-4 per person.
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1 cup salted pistachios, shelled
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (1-inch thick) shoulder lamb chops
- Preheat broiler. Lightly grease a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crush pistachios in food processor until finely chopped, about 30 seconds; you should have about 1/2 cup.
- Mix ground nuts, salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- Pour olive oil onto another plate.
- Rinse lamb chops and pat dry.
- Dip chops in olive oil and then in pistachio mixture to coat all surfaces.
- Place chops in prepared broiler pan.
- Broil lamb chops for 7 minutes on each side for medium to medium rare or longer depending on desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER