Comfort food kicked up with savory onions and fried salami. Passover breakfast, brunch or lunch never looked so good!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 thin slices of salami, cut into strips
- 6 sheets of matzo
- 6 eggs, whisked
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garnish: thinly sliced scallions
1. Heat a large saute pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 5 to 7 minutes until caramelized and medium golden brown.
2. While onions are caramelizing, break matzo into large shards and place in a colander in the sink. Run warm water over matzo to soften it a bit. Don’t soak it, just moisten it!
3. Add salami to the saute pan and continue cooking for 3 minutes until salami begins to crisp up.
4. Push salami and onions to the side and add eggs and matzo to the pan. Gently stir matzo until eggs are set, then bring onions and salami into the party and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with sliced scallions.