This classic Mini Chicken Pot Pie is comfort food in a ramekin. The individual portions give the dish a more modern look, and they are easy to serve.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 baking potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1 lb. 10 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package Wise-glatt organic ground chicken breast
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons corn starch/potato starch
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- 1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk/almond milk
- Olive oil, for topping
- Fresh chopped rosemary, for topping
- 8 ramekins, for baking
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray individual ramekins with cooking spray, and line up on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, toss together potato slices, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Layer potato slices in the bottom of each ramekin to cover, then line potatoes around the sides of each ramekin.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add ground chicken, and cook until done, breaking up the chicken as needed with a spoon. Transfer chicken to bowl.
6. Heat 1 more tablespoon oil over medium heat, then add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened. Add garlic, cook about two minutes more; add spices, and sauté for one minute. Add cornstarch, chicken stock and soy milk and whisk constantly until sauce is thickened and no large clumps of cornstarch remain.
7. Stir cooked chicken into sauce, then portion out all of the pie mixture among ramekins. Top with additional potato slices to cover.
8. Bake for 30 minutes; then brush tops of pies with additional oil per taste. Bake 10 minutes more, then sprinkle with chopped rosemary.