- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 1 8- ounce can pineapple tidbits (juice pack), drained
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-fat packaged biscuit mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup frozen Florida Orange Juice Concentrate, thawed
- 2 beaten eggs or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 medium banana, sliced
1 For sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
2 Stir in orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
3 Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine and pineapple.
4 For pancakes, in a medium bowl stir together biscuit mix, milk, thawed concentrate, and eggs until combined.
5 For each pancake, pour about 3 tablespoons batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet.
6 Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden (turn when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry). Keep hot while cooking remaining pancakes.
7 Stir banana into sauce; serve warm sauce over pancakes.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus