Serve this London broil with a leafy salad and roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 onions, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 pounds London broil or fillet split
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and brown sugar. Cook, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until caramelized and sticky.
2. Add the 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses, chicken broth, and pepper to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until thick. Keep warm.
3. In a small bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, mustard and 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses. Set aside.
4. Sprinkle both sides of the meat with salt and pepper.
5. On an outdoor oiled grill, or in the oven set to broil, with the meat 6-8 inches from broiler, cook the meat 8 minutes per side. Baste the meat with the prepared sauce. Finish cooking, 2-4 minutes per side.
6. Remove the meat to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the meat into strips and drizzle with the onions.