Who said rugelach were only for dessert? These savory rugelach are big on flavor and are a perfect party starter for any gathering. With one basic rugelach dough, you can make three different savory takes: Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive, French Onion, and Spinach and Cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 64 rugalechServings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add flour, cream cheese, butter, egg yolk, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Flatten each piece into a disc and wrap in parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while preparing the filling.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the countertop or surface and roll 1 disc of dough out into a 1/8-inch thick circle.
- Distribute filling onto the circle, then cut into 16 wedges. Roll each edge toward the center, beginning with the wide edge.
- Transfer rugalech to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake rugelach at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until the pastries are golden brown. Cool before serving.