Sumac is an incredible spice that has a citrus flavor profile, perfect for fish and should be part of your Israeli pantry.
This recipe can be made in the oven with salmon or pan seared on the stove with tuna.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Olive Radish Relish
- ⅓ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup finely diced radishes
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine sesame seeds, sumac and salt on a shallow plate or bowl.
3. Brush evoo over salmon fillets and dip into sesame sumac mixture.
4. Roast in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve alongside Olive Radish Relish
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine olives, radish, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, zest and juice of lemon and honey. Mix well.
1. Dredge tuna steaks in sesame mixture so that is is fully encrusted. Heat evoo in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place sesame crusted tuna steaks into the hot pan and sear for two minutes.
3. Flip tuna steaks and cook an additional two minutes on the second side. Remove tuna from pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Thinly slice and serve with Olive Radish.