Harissa is a dried chili pepper paste, you can make it with our Jamie Geller Harissa by mixing with water and oil until you achieve a nice paste. You can also make your own with a combination of fresh and dried peppers and control the spice and flavor to your liking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ⅓ cup harissa paste or Jamie Geller Harissa mixed with water and oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 16-ounce frozen broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Line wings along one edge of the baking sheet. In a small bowl mix harissa, honey and ½ tablespoon evoo. Brush harissa honey mixture over chicken wings and set remaining harissa sauce aside.
3. Place chickpeas on baking sheet near chicken. Drizzle chickpeas with ½ tablespoon evoo and za’atar. Place broccoli on the other end of the baking sheet. Toss the broccoli with remaining evoo, salt and black pepper.
4. Roast at 375°F for 25 minutes. Remove baking sheet and glaze wings with remaining harissa honey mixture. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes more