- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (5-pound) top chuck French roast or silver tip roast
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Gold’s Szechuan-style duck sauce (Hot & Spicy)
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- ¼ cup prepared crushed garlic
- ¼ cup dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse roast, pat dry and place in prepared pan.
- In a bowl, place soy sauce, sesame and olive oils, teriyaki sauce, honey, duck sauce, plum vinegar, garlic and parsley flakes. Stir to mix well. Pour over roast.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, sealing at the edges but tenting the foil so that it does not touch the roast.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes until very tender.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing diagonally against the grain.
Slicing diagonally against the grain means slicing at a slight angle, not straight down; cutting the roast this way with a sharp carving knife will help keep meat tender. Allowing it to cool slightly first keeps it from shredding and falling apart as you slice.