Don't skip rice on Passover, use cauliflower instead; it's lower in calories and higher in vitamins. This quick side dish pairs perfectly with the lemony chicken.
If you're pairing it with my chicken dish, you can skip the lemon, since the pan juices from roasting will be flavored with preserved lemon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1 head cauliflower, grated to resemble rice
- 2/3 cup fresh dill, stems removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (optional)
1. Add evoo to a large sauté pan and place over low heat, Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower.
2. Mix dill with salt and pepper and then add to the pan.
3. Cook for 10 minutes until cauliflower is flavorful and soft but still retains some crunch.
4. Remove from heat and add zest and juice before serving, if using.
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 620 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g