To brighten up the plate I love these gorgeous orange carrots with green parsley and lots of spices. Serve with Fennel Chicken.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Place carrots in a steamer above 1-inch boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse in cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
2. Pour evoo over carrots and add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, and parsley. Mix well.
3. Let salad marinate for 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 120 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g