Tangy-sweet with just a hint of Cayenne pepper heat, this side dish is the perfect accompaniment to roasted poultry.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup sweet apple cider
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 pound prepared peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 25 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan place apple cider, vinegar, margarine, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper. Warm over low heat 3-5 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and raisins in prepared pan.
- Pour warm sauce over vegetables.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW