The sweet and spicy Moroccan carrots are roasted instead of boiled, transforming this dish from a simple side salad to a unique side dish. Add a bit of honey for a sweet holiday touch.
Replace the cumin, red pepper flakes, honey, salt and pepper with Jamie Geller Chraime.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Peel one pound carrots and slice into one-inch slices, on a diagonal.
3. Mix together cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, honey, lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over carrots.
5. Place on baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.