For a nutritious alternative to dipping with pita, I serve baby carrots and celery sticks with hummus, tahini and Turkish salad.
Adding sautéed zucchini and eggplant makes it a ratatouille. Serve it warm as a deliciously thick and flavorful side dish.
- Prep Time
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, veins removed, diced (or 1 (10-ounce) bag stir fry peppers, defrosted)
- 2 jalapeño hot pepper rings (from a jar)
- 2 cups canned, crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Quartered pita breads(optional)
- In a 10-inch skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour before serving with warm pita bread, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW