These fish tacos are pan fried with a light coating of cornmeal, if you prefer a crunchier fish try our Breaded and Baked Fish Tacos.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 to 4Servings
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together lime juice, evoo and avocado, mash well.
2. Add cabbage, jalapeño, cilantro, onions, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Cut fish into small strips, about 2-inches long by 1-inch wide.
2. Mix flour and cornmeal together in a small bowl.
3. Place egg whites in a small bowl. Lightly froth with a fork.
4. Add evoo to a frying pan and place over medium-high heat.
5. Dredge fish in the flour mix, then egg white, and back into flour mix.
6. Pan fry for 1 minute on each side, until browned and cooked through.
7. Lay tortilla on a plate, then fish, then slaw. Add salsa, a squeeze of lime, wrap and eat.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.