A few months ago we were talking about deli roll and it seemed like it was on everyone’s go to easy Shabbat plans and yet I have never made one. So it got me thinking about making a healthier version that we all could enjoy and this is what I came up with.
It’s actually a cross between a deli roll and cheeseless stromboli because it starts with pizza dough. You can make your own with our whole wheat recipe here or use store bought pizza dough.
For the filling, I highly recommend leftover or store bought fresh turkey sliced thin to avoid all the nitrates and preservatives, so it is best to make our Turkey Breast Roast one week, store leftovers in fridge so that it will be easier to make thin slices with the leftover for this recipe.
Alternatively, cook the turkey breast simply coated in evoo, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and roast in a 350 degree oven for 90 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 170.
Once sliced they will keep in fridge for about a week or in the freezer for a month or two.
I included spinach in the roll so it is a complete meal, but feel free to serve a salad on the side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a rolling pin to roll your dough out into a large rectangle. Spread the mustard, evoo and caramelized onions on the dough leaving a half-inch border on the sides and 1 inch border at the bottom. Layer turkey and spinach over top.
- Using two hands start at the top ad roll dough in on itself until reaches the bottom. Pinch in the sides and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining evoo.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned, serve with extra mustard.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 382
- Carbohydrate Content: 51.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4.1 g
- Protein Content: 20.8 g
- Sodium Content: 1093 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.8 g