This 7-minute prep dish is one of those Shabbos/Yom Tov Kodak moments. (OMG, how much did I just date myself with that photo reference?) When you present your side of salmon with pomegranates, seared lemons, mint leaves and all, the entire table will ooh and aah. The best part: it tastes as gooood as it looks.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-pound side of salmon, skin on
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Jamie Geller Sumac
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR GARNISH (OPTIONAL):
- 4 lemons, halved
- Pomegranate arils
- Baby mint leaves
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place salmon skin-side down on the prepared pan.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, sumac, garlic, oil, pomegranate molasses, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour and brush glaze all over salmon.
5. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Sear lemons cut-side down in a medium sauté pan over high heat for 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
7. Serve salmon warm or at room temperature, garnished with pomegranate arils, mint leaves, and seared lemons.